Yes a permit is required for an invisible fence. The form is listed under forms.You need to complete the Fence Plan Review, the Zoning Application, and the Construction Affidavit and return these to the City Clerk's office. There is a fee required for the application. Call the City Clerk's office at 859-441-8575 for more information.